Photo Credit: https://www.pexels.com/photo/food-man-people-woman-3969141/ Photo by Hubi Farago from Pexels
What is Dental Implant Restoration?
When teeth are missing or unable to support and retain a dental prosthesis, like a crown or dentures, dental implants, and implant-retained teeth are commonly used to replace one or more missing teeth to restore the beauty and function of a full, gap-free smile. The experienced prosthodontics team at Advanced Dental Care of Anderson specializes in improving patient’s smiles and dental health through the placement of dental implants in Anderson Indiana and surrounding areas. Our team uses the highest quality of materials available so that your dental implants give you a smile that is not only beautiful but durable and long lasting.
Are Dental Implants Right For You?
Designed to provide a foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel and function like natural teeth, dental implants are a restorative dentistry approach that allows patients to laugh, speak, and smile with confidence.
You may be considered a good candidate for dental implants in Anderson if you have the following:
- One or more missing teeth
- A tooth or teeth that are damaged (cracked, chipped, etc.)
- Healthy teeth and gums
- Sound overall health (no serious medical conditions)
Implants are recommended over other reconstructive techniques for several reasons:
- It is not beneficial to sacrifice the structure of surrounding teeth to bridge a space.
- Removing a denture or a “partial” at night may be inconvenient.
- Dentures that slip can be uncomfortable.
The benefits for receiving dental implants in Anderson include:
- Improved confidence
- Stability during eating
- Bone and gum preservation
- Improved dental hygiene
- Superior esthetics
- Nutritional benefits
What to Expect From The Implant Placement Procedure
For most patients, the placement of dental implants in Anderson involves two surgical procedures
- Implants are gently placed within your jawbone. For the first three to six months following surgery, the implants are beneath the surface of the gums gradually bonding with the jawbone so that there will be a stable anchor for the man-made tooth. During this time period, you should be able to wear temporary dentures if desired, and progress to eating a normal diet with time.
- After the implant has bonded to the jawbone, the second phase begins. Your restorative dentist will uncover the implants and attach small posts to the implants that will act as anchors for the artificial teeth. When the artificial teeth are placed, these posts will not be seen. The entire procedure usually takes six to eight months. Most patients experience minimal disruption in their daily life.
After The Procedure
Restoration replacement and normal wear and tear will occur. The frequencies of replacements are based on your biting force, and lifestyle habits. Professional cleanings, dental visits, and proper home care are very important in the success of this treatment.
Permanent All Ceramic Crown, Onlay or Veneer in a Single Dental Visit!
At Advanced Dental Care of Anderson, we’re excited to announce a wonderful way to restore your teeth. Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic — CEREC® for short — is a new state-of-the-art method for reconstructing tooth restorations.
Traditional dental crowns and restorations required multiple dentist office visits but with CEREC Technology, dental crowns can be modeled, produced, and inserted efficiently, eliminating temporaries, messy impressions, and discomfort. Advantages of using CEREC include:
- Most procedures can be completed in just one visit. This saves you time and money.
- Having fewer painful injections due to the single visit
- Skipping the need to take messy impressions
- Avoiding the need to have a temporary restoration to use between visits
- Saving as much of your natural tooth structure as possible
- Enjoying longer lasting restorations, many last more than 10 years
- Restoring your teeth to their natural beauty, function, and strength
- Receiving metal-free restorations
Let Advanced Dental Care of Anderson Rebuild Your Smile
If you’re looking for the best dental implants in Anderson, our dental team has extensive training in dental implants and implant-retained teeth and is capable of everything from the simple placement of a single implant to comprehensive treatment requiring multiple implants.
If you have specific questions regarding dental implant or the overall dental procedure, and would you like to discuss your concerns with our restorative dental team, contact Advanced Dental Care of Anderson at (765) 622-7000, request an appointment online, or send us an email at email@example.com.